I love yarn! I’m also thrifty, so I superlove finding a yarn sale!
The other day I realized that I have a Monday morning routine of popping around to the craft store websites to check the weekly yarn sale. I got to thinking that it would be amazing to get an email that did all of that work for me. Less time hunting down sales = more time to play with yarn!
I poked around the web to see if there was such a yarn sale email list.
I decided to create one!
I did an informal survey of crocheters to find out where they shop. Most people buy their yarn at Michaels, A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby, JOANN, and Walmart.
So, each week I’ll round up all the yarn on sale at these stores, package it in an email, and deliver it right to your inbox! No more wading through all the scrapbook supplies and kids’ crafts to find the yarn sale! All you have to do is sign up right here:
If you don’t like extra email (I feel ya!), the information will also live right here on ye olde blog so you can check in before you head out to the craft store.
In addition to brick and mortar stores, I’ll also keep my grapes peeled for online deals on yarn or supplies I think might be helpful for yarnies (lighting, tools, storage, etc.).
Feel free to drop any yarn sale you spot in the comments. And, if you sell yarn, please feel free to share your deals in the comments as well.
Note: I have NO idea what I’m doing, so I’m starting off really basic. This is a work in progress, so please be patient the first couple of weeks while I work out the kinks. 😉
Suggestions, questions, and complaints are all welcome. I’m doing this to help you, so please tell me if something isn’t working or could be done better.
Another awesome thing! I’m a spreadsheet nerd, so I’m going to start tracking the yarn sale prices each week. After a few months, I should have enough data to analyze the yarn sales cycle. My goal is to be able to tell you when the yarn is on sale is at its lowest price.
Do you love a yarn sale? Week of September 17
- Bernat Blanket, Blanket Big, and Mix Home – Reg. $9.99, on sale for $8 each
- Caron Tea Cakes – Reg. $9.99, on sale for $8 each
- Barcelona and Kaleidoscope – Reg. $5.99-$7.99, on sale for $5 each
- Caron Cakes – Reg. $7.99, on sale for $6 each
- Caron Big Cakes – Reg. $9.99, on sale for $8 each
- Caron Sprinkle Cakes – Reg. $9.99, on sale for $8 each
- Caron Simply Soft – Reg. $3.49-$4.49, on sale for $3 each
- Caron Cupcakes – Reg. $4.99, on sale for $4 each
- Premier Candy Shop or Sweet Roll – Reg. $5.99, on sale 3 for $10
- Premier Puzzle – Reg. to $9.99, on sale for $5
- Studio Classic by Nicole Jumbo – Reg. to $9.99, on sale for $5
- Stitch Studio by Nicole Belle, Fairytale, or Earthtone – Reg. to $9.99, on sale for $5
- Big Ball Yarn – Reg. to $9.99, on sale for $5
- Stitch Studio By Nicole Chateau – Reg. $9.99, on sale 2 for $8
- Premier Mega Tweed – Reg. to $11.99, on sale for $6.99
- Lion Brand Fisherman’s Wool – Reg. to $11.99, on sale for $6.99
- Lion Brand Shawl in a Ball – Reg. to $11.99, on sale for $6.99
- Lion Brand Scarfie – Reg. to $11.99, on sale for $6.99
- Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick – Reg. to $11.99, on sale for $6.99
- I Love This Cotton (3 and 3.5 oz.) – Reg. $3.29, on sale for $2.66
- Yarnology Knit and Crochet Tools and Notions – 25% off
- Bernat Blanket and Baby Blanket – $9.99, on sale for $6.99
- Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick – 25% off
- Lion Brand Homespun – Reg. $6.99-$8.99, on sale for $4.99
- Lion Brand Jeans Yarn – Reg. $4.99, on sale for $3.99
- Buttercream Luxe Craft Yarn – 20% off
- Premier Sweet Roll Yarn – Reg. $5.99, on sale for $3.99
- Red Heart Super Saver Yarn – Reg. $3.49, on sale for $2.79
- Caron One Pound or Jumbo Yarn – Reg. $9.99, on sale for $6.99
Online only deals at JOANN:
- Up to 40% off entire stock of yarn
- 25% off knit and crochet tools
There are a LOT of good sales on JOANN’s website, and shipping is free if you buy online and pickup in store. To find these sales, at the top left of the page click Shop > Savings and Deals > Yarn and Needle.
No yarn in the sales flyer this week.
Yarn rebates on Ibotta!
Yes, you heard that right! You can get rebates on yarn at JOANN if you use the free Ibotta app (available on Apple and Android)!
- Through March 31, 2018, you can get 10% cash back on your purchases at JOANN.
- Big Twist Value Yarn, $1 cash back
- Big Twist Sincerely Yarn, $1 cash back
- Bit Twist Rainbow Classic Yarn, $1 cash back
- Buttercream Yarn, $1 cash back
If you use this Ibotta referral link, you’ll receive a $10 welcome bonus! (And I’ll get a little cash for referring you, so thank you for helping support this effort!)
I use Ibotta for all my grocery shopping and drug store trips because the rebate stacks on top of coupons, too. (Totally off topic but not really, if you enjoy some rosé with your crochet, there are wine rebates on Ibotta, too.)
So there you have it!
Go forth and save money with all the yarn on sale this week, and don’t forget to take your coupons!
Sidenote: Do you have a good handle on how the craft stores deal with coupons, or would a post explaining various coupon policies be helpful? Let me know in the comments.
Please feel free to share this with all your yarn-loving friends! And if you want to get this magical list emailed to you each week, sign up right here:
Upcoming on Jen’s a Little Loopy:
- A HUGE safety eye roundup. I’m starting to experiment with using different safety eyes for my amigurumi. I found some great ones on Etsy, and also some cool DIY projects to make your own.
- Hugamonster 2.0. You all asked for a bigger Hugamonster and I was more than happy to take a whack at designing my first ragdoll pattern. I’m super excited about how this one turned out!
Have a fabulous week!